OKIE IS READY TO BE A MOM?!?

OKIE IS READY TO BE A MOM?!?
OKIE IS READY TO BE A MOM - FALL 1978

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why "Okie" and not "Sissy's!

Back in 1976 I worked in a Girl Scout Camp above Park City, UT.  I was the camp nurse.  If anyone has ever been a councilor or worker in a Girls Scout Camp (or probably any other summer camp) you know that everyone gets a 'camp name' to use instead of their real name.  Well, mine was OKIE...real genuine, huh, since I was the only one there from Oklahoma!!!  Now my nickname in our family forever has been, 'Sissy"...but, that just did not seem to fit.  Also, with my plans for the hot-pepper business I spoke of in an earlier posting, "Sissy's Fire" just didn't seem to be, you know, hot-peppery enough...So, since in the short future I will be a famous hot-pepper product mogul, I though it would sound more secure and strong to use, "OKIE FIRE".  Does that explain anything??? Perhaps not, but it made for a good posting today...
Love and Power to all to Walk the Walk...Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment